According to different research, there are so many women around the world who don’t go to the gynecologist unless and until there is something concerning, they are trying to get pregnant, or are currently pregnant.
You never know what is going on inside your body unless you get a proper checkup for it.
Sometimes there can be deficiencies in vitamins and these things can lead to something more if they are not taken care of at the proper time.
Rather than staying at home and assuming that everything is alright with you, you should take the initiative of going for regular checkups and encourage your family and friends to go too.
What does a gynecologist do?
The person who is responsible for the health of the female reproductive system is called a gynecologist.
They are specialist experts who conduct exams on the female reproductive parts and make sure that everything is in order.
The female organs that need a checkup every once in a while are the ovaries, fallopian tubes, uterus, and breast.
Every female must get their checkup done with their gynecologist at least once a year.
After the gynecologist is done with the exam they diagnose what is wrong and suggest a treatment.
Some people prefer to go further in their career as gynecologists who study in their field further are called obstetricians.
10 Reasons To See A gynecologist
There is not one reason why you should go see a gynecologist. Some of the very obvious reasons why you should get checked up are as follows:
- General health update: Every woman should have it on her list to go visit her gynecologist at least once a year. It is important to stay up to date regarding your gynecological health.
- Yearly pelvic exam: A yearly pelvic exam can help find any kind of abnormal activity that might have occurred in the past year. A pelvic exam is conducted to test for STI ( sexually transmitted infection) too.
- Irregular menstrual cycle: If you are experiencing an irregular menstrual cycle it is time for you to go and visit your gynecologist to see if nothing serious is happening inside your body.
- Valuable advice: For sexually active people it is important to consult your gynecologist about birth control. They might give you some good options you can choose from.
- A pap test: One of the most important gynecology exams is a pap test. This is done to check any signs of cancer or abnormal activities inside your body.
- Breast examination: A gynecologist is not only related to the vaginal concerns but any female reproductive part of the body can be tested by them. A gynecologist can conduct a manual breast exam to look for any lumps.
- Painful intercourse: If you are sexually active and experiencing any kind of pain then it is not a sign that you should miss. Visit your gynecologist at the earliest to see what is going on.
- Urinary concerns: Many people experience bleeding when they urinate although it is not something alarming it is best to check it out.
- Pregnancy: Last but not least a gynecologist is essential for maternal health. When you get pregnant there are lots of things that need to be overseen and checked.