Wayne Gretzky is a hockey legend and a sports icon. He played in the National Hockey League (NHL) for 20 years, from 1979 to 1999, and set 61 NHL records that still stand today. He is widely regarded as the best hockey player of all time and nicknamed “the Great One” for his unparalleled skills and achievements on the ice.
But there is another side of Wayne Gretzky that has sparked a lot of curiosity and speculation over the years: his appearance. Many people have noticed that Gretzky’s face looks much younger and smoother than his actual age. He is currently 62 years old, but he looks like he is in his 40s or even younger.
How did he manage to defy the signs of aging so well? Did he have any plastic surgery procedures to enhance his looks? And if so, what did he do, and why did he do it? These are some of the questions that we will try to answer in this article about Wayne Gretzky’s plastic surgery rumors.
1- The Evidence of Wayne Gretzky’s Plastic Surgery
Although Gretzky has never confirmed or denied having any cosmetic interventions, there are some strong indications that he underwent some plastic surgery to maintain his youthful appearance.
The most obvious evidence is his before and after pictures. If you compare his photos from his playing days to his recent ones, you will notice some significant changes in his facial features. His skin looks tighter, smoother, and more lifted than before. His forehead is higher and more prominent than before. His eyes are wider and more alert than before. His cheeks are fuller and more defined than before. His jawline is sharper and more angular than before.
These changes are not likely to be the result of natural aging or good genes alone. They are more consistent with the effects of plastic surgery procedures such as botox injections and facelifts.
2- The Plastic Surgery Procedures That Wayne Gretzky May Have Had
According to some plastic surgeons and experts who have analyzed his photos, Wayne Gretzky may have had the following plastic surgery procedures:
- Botox injections: Botox is a popular cosmetic treatment that involves injecting a neurotoxin into specific muscles to temporarily paralyze them and smooth out wrinkles and fine lines. Botox can also lift the eyebrows and open up the eyes. Gretzky may have used Botox to erase the signs of aging on his forehead, around his eyes, and between his eyebrows.
- Facelift: A facelift is a surgical technique that addresses the removal of surplus skin and fat from the face and neck. It also involves tightening the underlying muscles and repositioning the skin, resulting in a rejuvenated and youthful aesthetic outcome. A facelift can also improve the contours of the cheeks, jawline, and chin. Gretzky may have had a facelift to eliminate sagging skin and jowls on his lower face and neck.
These two procedures are often combined to achieve a more comprehensive and harmonious result. They can also be complemented by other treatments such as fillers, laser resurfacing, or chemical peels to elevate the texture and tone of the skin.
3- The Reasons Why Wayne Gretzky May Have Had Plastic Surgery
The reasons why Wayne Gretzky decided to have plastic surgery are not known for sure, as he has never publicly addressed the topic. However, some possible motives could be:
- To boost his self-confidence: As a former athlete and a public figure, Gretzky may have felt insecure about his aged appearance and wanted to enhance his self-image and self-esteem by looking younger and more attractive.
- To keep up with his wife: Gretzky’s wife, Janet Jones, is a former actress and model who is also rumored to have had plastic surgery to preserve her beauty. She is six years younger than him but looks much younger than her age. Gretzky may have felt pressured to match her looks and keep their relationship strong.
- To stay relevant in the media: Gretzky is still involved in the hockey world as a commentator, analyst, ambassador, and owner of various teams and franchises. He may have wanted to maintain a positive and professional image in front of the cameras and audiences by looking fresh and energetic.
4- The Verdict on Wayne Gretzky’s Plastic Surgery
The verdict on Wayne Gretzky’s plastic surgery is not clear-cut. On the one hand, he does look younger than his age and has managed to avoid some of the common signs of aging, such as wrinkles, sagging skin, and dull complexion. On the other hand, he also looks unnatural and artificial at times, with a frozen expression and a feminine appearance.
Some people may admire him for taking care of his looks and trying to stay young and handsome. Others may criticize him for being vain and insecure and trying to deny his age and reality.
Ultimately, it is up to each individual to decide whether they like or dislike Wayne Gretzky’s plastic surgery results. What matters most is how he feels about himself and how he lives his life.
What do you think about Wayne Gretzky’s plastic surgery? Do you think he looks better or worse after having cosmetic interventions? Do you think he had any other procedures besides Botox and a facelift? Share your thoughts in the comments below!