Home Depot is the largest home improvement retail company in the United states. Their stores are also in Canada, the Mexican states, and Mexico City. Home Depot was founded in 1978 by Kenneth Langone, Arthur Blank, Bernard Marcus, and Ron Brill Pat Farrah and has employed over 400 thousand employees to date.
The main goal for any company is to provide the best products and services to their customers. Most importantly, safeguard its employees and customers.
Home Depot has provided a platform whereby they can record all the information about the Associates and SSC Non-associates. The information enables the company to keep them safe. Before an employee starts their shift at home depot, they must fill in a questionnaire. Using the questionnaire, it is easy to determine whether the employee is fit for work.
At Home Depot, the customer does not require to visit the stores to see what’s available. The Home Depot Health Check App assists them in seeing what is offered at the home depot store. They can make orders and track receipts of the things they purchase. The Home Depot Health Check makes shopping easy and motivates employees to perform better. Using the App, the employees can access information about customers and make important improvements where necessary.
The following is a review of the Home Depot Health Check.
What Is Home Depot Health Check?
Home depot is a safety and health procedure established to cater for the health of the US Associates and SSC Non-Associates.
It is a requirement that a Home-Depot employee fills a health check form when they arrive at work to update their status. The information filled in the questionnaires is used to protect the Employees and the customers from coming into contact with Covid-19 infected persons.
If an employee completes the form late, they must submit a time change request form so that there is extra time to compensate for the time used on Health Check activities.
In addition to the time change request form, the employee is also required to submit an attendance form. This precaution is undertaken to protect the employees during the covid-19 pandemic.
During this period of the covid-19 pandemic, Home Depot has gone the extra mile to ensure that their employees and customers are safe.
They have put across safety measures that include:
1. Educating the associates on how to keep themselves and the customers they serve safe.
2. Donating masks to health –care workers
3. They have limited working hours for employees
4. Providing a daily health check for associates before they begin their shift
5. Upholding social distancing by marking floors.
6. Maintaining general hygiene in all their stores
7. They have reduced the number of customers who do physical shopping in all their stores.
Home Depot Health Check App
Home Depot Health Check app provides the questionnaire that employees require to fill before starting work.
It is a provision to safeguard employees during the pandemic. The information collected from the questionnaires filled is for the company’s analysis and the government upon request.
The App also enables customers to:
- Generate a shopping list
- Check inventory
- Trace receipts
- Assemble orders
- Calculate supplies
To install the App, you must have either a smartphone or a tablet and reliable internet. You can also install it on your laptop. The App is available on the play store.
The Following Is The Process For The App Installation:
1. Search for the App on the play store
2. Click on the App download. If you are redirected to the download page, click on the download button once more.
3. Once the download is complete, proceed and download the App
4. Go to settings and click on the unknown source option to complete the installation. (If prompted).
5. Once installation is completed, you can launch your application.
The App Features Include:
1. The App allows you to take a picture and search for what you are looking for.
2. Provides GPS for your shopping list.
3. Enables you to make the correct buying decisions
4. Allows you to make special buys/coupons
5. Allows you to view local ads
6. The App has a barcode reader for scanning items.
Home Depot Health Check Website Login Process
1. For Associates
If you are an Associate, this is how you log in to the Home Depot Associate website.
- Enter your location on the SSO associate Login page. You can leave it blank if necessary.
- Fill in your User ID.
- Enter your Password
- Proceed by pressing the sign-in button and begin filing in the questionnaire.
2. For Non-Associates
The process for signing in is different for Non-Associates. If you are a Non-Associate, this is what to do.
- Enter your first and last name.
- Provide your phone number in the third field.
- You can enter your THD Contact Name or leave it blank. It’s optional.
- If you are a Badged Contractor, enter your Badge ID. If you are not badged, you can leave the space blank.
- Enter the Company name.
- Press on the ok button to submit the details.
- Complete the Home Depot Health Check App Questionnaire.
Home Depot Health Check Benefits
Home Depot employees receive some benefits on top of their salaries. Here are some of the benefits.
1. For Full-time Hourly Salaried Associates
- Dental services
- Eye-check services
- Medical services
- Insurance on Disability
- Spending Accounts
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance.
- Life insurance
2. Work/Life Benefits
- Associate Discounts
- Tobacco Cessation Program
- Assistance while relocating
- Special Needs Dependents Assistance
- Back-up Dependent Care
- Task Preparation Discount Program
- Team Depot Volunteer Events
- Matching Gift Program
3. Part-Time Associates
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Dental services
- Eye-check services
4. Group Benefits
- Veterinary Insurance
- Auto/Homeowner Insurance
- Legal Services Plan
5. Financial Benefits
- Spending Account
- Bank incentives
- Direct Deposit
6. Time-Off Benefits
The Home Depot provides Paid Time-Off depending on the number of hours an employee works. The PTO ranges between 2-weeks per year. Full-time employees earn double the amount of PTO than part-time employees. PTO is inclusive of;
- Sick Days leave
- Absence leave
- Jury duty
- Bereavement leave
Other Benefits Are
1. Parental Leave
Home Depot allows employees with newborns to take leave through the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA). Employees who have worked for more than one year can take up to 12 weeks. The leave is usually unpaid.
2. Retirement Benefits
Through the Future Builder 401(k) plan. Employees can save up to 50% of their earnings per year.
3. Adoption Incentives
Adoption incentives are made available to employees who have worked for more than 1 year. The Home Depot assists the employee in meeting some of the expenses of adopting a child. The adopted child must be less than 18 years old. Employees who request adoption incentives must remain in the company for one year from when they adopt the child.
4. Tuition Assistance
The Home Depot assists Associates with their education by meeting some costs. They help with fees, books, and education materials. Additionally, The Home Depot offers a Scholarship Program for Associates children.
5. ESSP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
ESSP allows employees to take ownership of the Home Depot. Qualified employees can purchase stock at a 15% discount through a payroll deduction for six months. The company has established two purchase periods, January through June and July to December.
Home Depot ESS (Employee Self-Service)
ESS allows the associates to review their profiles every month. Most importantly, it enables them to make many different job-related adjustments that the human resource would otherwise make. Additionally, ESS allows companies to save time and increase efficiency.
Many employees embrace ESS because it allows them to control their information. They are also given enough time to research the best benefits options without pressure.
ESS allows associates to:
- Review your associate profile.
- View your partner profile.
- Change your mail address.
- Change your tax withholdings.
- Change your address.
- View and print your payslips and tax returns.
- Change or activate your direct deposit information.
- Activate your pay card.
- View leave Of Absence (LOA) status.
- Enroll in or change your home-fund deductions.
1. Minimized HR Workload
Human Resource Managers are so busy. Giving the employees a chance to serve themselves reduces HR workload in a big way. Therefore, the human resource managers can focus on other vital things, improving their functionality.
2. Ease Of Access
Employees can access the ESS portal anytime, anywhere. They do not have to visit the HR office to access services.
3. Reduced Errors
When information is entered manually, errors are made. Through ESS, human errors are significantly eliminated. It is easy for HR to spot any possible error an employee or other user has made.
4. Employee Empowerment
Since employees can make changes to their profile, they feel satisfied and engaged. Also, they can see information regarding opportunities for training and advancement.
5. Uphold Compliance
Data integrity is enhanced through ease of audit. Using ESS ensures that compliance with the company’s policies and the existing legislature is upheld.
Frequently Asked Questions FAQS
When Was The Home Depot Established?
The Home Depot industry was founded on February 6, 1978, in Marietta, Georgia, U.S.
What Types Of Online Payment Methods Are Accepted At Home Depot?
The Home Depot accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover Cards, The Home Depot Consumer Credit Card, and the Home Depot Commercial Credit Accounts.
Does Home Depot Rent Out Equipment?
Yes, rental services are available in most of their stores nationwide.
Is It Possible For A Customer To Engage In A Live Chat With Home Depot?
Yes, home depot has made it possible to chat with a customer on issues about their orders. Wait time for a live chat is short.
What Is The Purpose For The Home Depot Health Check App?
The App is designed to keep the Associates and Non-Associates safe during the covid-19 pandemic.The Home Depot Health Check App provides a questionnaire that the Associates and the Non-Associates fill before they enter the store. The information provided is analyzed so that those infected with the virus are separated from those who are not infected.
What Is Home Depot My Apron?
It is a web Application designed for Home Depot employees. Using the Web Application, employees can access information involving work schedules, available benefits, payroll and any other personal information. The employees can make changes about their information if necessary.
What Are The Various Departments At Home Depot?
Home Depot has many departments that contain different home improvement items. they include
- Heating and cooling appliances
- Electrical and Electronics
- Kitchen appliances
- Decorating materials
Heating and Cooling appliances e.t.c
Are The Employees At Home Depot Provided With Health Insurance?
Yes, Home Depot cares about its Associates and provides them with various health insurance cover as follows.
Full-Time Hourly and Salaried Associates
- Disability insurance
- Life -insurance
- Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance
- Part-Time Associates
- Short-time disability insurance
- Life insurance
Home Depot has been in operation for over 43 years now. They have improved their services through the years and made Home Depot the best place for shopping. Additionally, they have made the employees’ health a concern. You can use the Home Depot Health Check App to review orders or visit your nearest Home Depot store.