Looking for a plant-based protein powder that is low in carbs and easy on the stomach? A high quality rice protein powder may be just what you are looking for!
This powder is made from brown rice and has a host of benefits that you may not have known about. So to help you out, we’ve compiled a list of the five best benefits of rice protein powder.
1. It’s a Complete Protein
Rice protein powder is a complete protein containing all of the essential amino acids your body needs to function correctly. Amino acids are the building blocks of protein, and they play a vital role in many biological processes.
For example, consuming a complete protein is essential for maintaining muscle mass, boosting immunity, and preventing disease.
For example, the amino acid glutamine is important for gut health, while the amino acid arginine can help improve blood flow and lower blood pressure.
In rice protein powder, you will also find all of the essential branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs). BCAAs are necessary for muscle growth and recovery.
2. It’s Easy to Digest
Rice protein powder is also easy to digest, making it a good choice for people who have trouble digesting other protein powders. In addition, rice protein is less likely to cause digestive issues like gas and bloating than different types of protein powder.
When you digest food, your body breaks down the protein into amino acids and then absorbs them into the bloodstream. Rice protein is more easily broken down and absorbed than other types of protein, such as whey or casein.
3. It’s Allergy-Friendly
Rice protein powder is hypoallergenic and unlikely to cause an allergic reaction. As a result, it makes it a good choice for people allergic to dairy or soy, two of the most common allergens.
For example, lactose intolerant people can’t digest the milk sugar lactose, and people who are allergic to soy may react to the protein in soybeans. Rice protein is free of both of these allergens.
4. It Has a Low Environmental Impact
Rice is one of the most environmentally friendly crops grown today. It requires less water and land than other crops, and it doesn’t require the use of harmful pesticides or herbicides.
So when you choose a rice protein powder, you can feel good knowing you’re doing your part to protect the environment.
Rice protein powder is an excellent choice if you’re looking for a protein powder that is good for you and the planet.
5. It’s Affordable
Rice protein powder is one of the most affordable protein powders on the market today. It’s a great option for people looking for an affordable way to increase their protein intake without breaking the bank. Many rice protein powders are also available in bulk, so you can save even more money.
How to Use Rice Protein Powder
As you’ve seen, there are many benefits of rice protein powder. Now that you know more about this versatile powder, you may wonder how to use it. You can use rice powder in a variety of ways, including:
- Using it in baking recipes: You can use rice protein powder to make gluten-free and vegan baked goods. Just substitute it for the flour in your favourite recipes.
- Using it as a thickener: Rice protein powder can be used to thicken soups, sauces, and smoothies. Just add a scoop or two until you reach the desired consistency.
- Adding it to smoothies: Rice protein powder is a great way to boost the protein content of your favourite smoothies. Add a scoop or two to your blender and the other ingredients.
- Create meatless “meatballs”: You can use rice protein powder to make meatless “meatballs” by combining it with vegan cheese, bread crumbs, and spices. Just form the mixture into balls and bake until golden brown.
- Mixing it with oatmeal or yogurt: Mixing rice protein powder with oatmeal or yogurt is a great way to start your day. Just add a scoop of powder to your favourite bowl of oats or yogurt, and enjoy.
There are endless ways to use rice protein powder. Just get creative and see what you can come up with. You may be surprised at how versatile this powder can be.
FAQs About Rice Protein Powder
Can I Use Rice Protein Powder If I’m Allergic To Soy?
Yes, you can use rice protein powder even if you’re allergic to soy. This type of protein powder is hypoallergenic and won’t cause an allergic reaction.
Do I Need to Take A Supplement if I Eat Rice Protein Powder?
No, you don’t need to take a supplement if you eat rice protein powder. This type of protein powder has all the amino acids you need to build muscle and is a complete protein.
Is Rice Protein Powder Good For Weight Loss?
Yes, rice protein powder can be helpful for weight loss. This type of protein powder can help you feel full and satisfied after meals, making it easier to stick to your diet.