When Lisa and I launched Personal Care Truth in May of 2010, we had absolutely no idea we’d gain the readership we have today. At over 8.4 million hits, it is clear that the public wants to learn the science backed truth about personal care products and cosmetic safety. With our growth comes the need to update our comment policy to be crystal clear on what is tolerated on PCT. We are human and fully aware you can’t please everyone all of the time. Lisa and I have always felt discussion only helps with education, and have taken the approach from the beginning that we will publish opposing views as long as they contribute to the discussion.
Below I’ve highlighted specific additions to the Legal Language in #2 & #3 on what will be allowed when commenting on any and all of the media platforms associated with PersonalCareTruth.com, including our Facebook page and Forum. We appreciate you reading, sharing, commenting and telling others about Personal Care Truth.
We encourage your comments on our site, and hope you will join the discussions. While this type of dialogue is encouraged, we also expect a basic level of civility; disagreements are fine, but mutual respect is a must, and profanity or abusive language will not be permitted.
By posting any comments, posts or other material on PersonalCareTruth.com, you give Personal Care Truth the irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, create derivative works from, and otherwise use your submission for any purpose in any form and on any media. You also agree that you will not:
- Post material that infringes on the rights of any third party, including intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights.
- Post material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by Personal Care Truth in its sole discretion. Additional examples may include: baiting, attacking or insulting an individual and/or their business.
- Post material that is extremely off topic and/or adds no value to the conversation or topic.
- Post advertisements or solicitations of business.
- Post chain letters or pyramid schemes.
- Impersonate another person.
- Allow any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments.
- Post the same note more than once or “spam.”
You are solely responsible for the content of your comments. However, while Personal Care Truth does not and cannot review every comment and is not responsible for the content of those messages, Personal Care Truth reserves the right (but is not obligated) to do any or all of the following:
- Remove communications that it, in its sole discretion, deems abusive, defamatory, obscene, in violation of copyright or trademark laws, illegal or disruptive, or that otherwise fail to conform with these Terms and Conditions.
- Terminate a user’s access to the comments feature upon any breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- Edit, move or delete any communications posted on the comments feature, regardless of whether such communications violate these standards.
Finally, you agree that you will indemnify Personal Care Truth against any damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, costs or expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) arising out of a claim by a third party relating to any material you have posted.